What is a Recovery Code? How does it work?
A Recovery Code is like a master code that you can use why your account is hacked or you don’t have access to the old security information or your account is blocked. Hotmail Support always recommends all the users to take a backup of the recovery code.
How to take the backup of Recovery code and where can find one?
A recovery Code is a 25 character alphanumeric code as you can see above.
For this, you have to go to the advanced settings,
- Click on your Name on the Top Right, when you log in to your account.
- Select View Account from the list of options.
- Click on Security, on the top blue Strip.
- At the Bottom, we have More Security Settings, Click on More Security Settings.
- You will see Recovery Code and below that we have Generate New, click on Generate and take a print out of that.
How to Use Recovery Code?
- If you are not able to Login to your Account, Click on the Forgotten Password.
- Select “I know my password but Can’t log in”
- type the special characters.
- Select the information that you have, like a Recovery Phone Number or An Email Address. And send a code to Reset the Password for your Account.
- If you don’t have that Number or Email Address linked to your Account then Select “I don’t have any of these” and Then it will ask for the recovery code, type in the recovery code and reset your Hotmail Account password.