Someone else using your Hotmail Account
Sometimes the email stops working on the Phone Application or the Tablet Mail Application and when you try to log in using a browser it says “ It looks like someone else is using your account” now this problem generally comes up when either you are trying to login to your account using a new device or a new location or someone got your password and they are trying to login to your account. Well, in this case, you just need to verify the ownership, and that fixes the problem.
To verify the ownership follow the steps by Hotmail Support:
- Press on Next (Verify)
- Select your phone Number or Email Address, and send a code on it.
- Type in the code that you have received and then, change your password for the security reasons.
- You are all set to log in to your Hotmail Account again.
If this does not work then follow the following steps:
- Go to Outlook.com or Hotmail.com
- Click on Sign in
- Type your Email Address and then press on Next
- Now, types your Password if you remember it, else press “Forgotten my Password”.
- Now you will get three options on the screen
- I forgot my password
- I know my password, but can’t sign in
- I think someone else is using my Microsoft account
- Select the appropriate option and press on Next
- Now it will say “Recover your Account, you will see your Email Address their and below that type in the funny characters and then press on Next again.
- Now we have on the screen, “Verify your identity, How would you like to get a security code?” Select your Phone Number or the Alternative email address and Press Send Code
- Type the Code then press Next and on the next screen Change your Password.
If still, you are not able to resolve the problem even after following these steps Get in touch with Hotmail Support or Hotmail Help or directly Contact Hotmail through a Phone Number. Or you can fill in the Technician Help Form.