Call us overprotective
After login to your account if you see any screen which says “Call us Overprotective” that means it’s time to have a look on the security information on your account, you might not have updated the security information on your account for a long time and that is the reason why you are getting this screen.
Follow the steps by Hotmail Support to fix the problem.
- Either add a new Number to the Hotmail Account or Send a code to the existing number and verify the ownership.
- If you don’t have the old phone number or the email address linked to your account then, in that case, you can add a new email or a phone number that will get updated after 30 days.
If still, it does not fix the problem, then follow the steps below.
- Go to Outlook.com or Hotmail.com
- Click on Sign in
- Type your Email Address and then press on Next
- Now, types your Password if you remember it, else press “Forgotten my Password”.
- Now you will get three options on the screen
- I forgot my password
- I know my password, but can’t sign in
- I think someone else is using my Microsoft account
- Select the appropriate option and press on Next
- Now it will say “Recover your Account, you will see your Email Address their and below that type in the funny characters and then press on Next again.
- Now we have on the screen, “Verify your identity, How would you like to get a security code?” Select your Phone Number or the Alternative email address and Press Send Code
- Type the Code then press Next and on the next screen Change your Password.
If you are not able to resolve the problem even after following these steps Get in touch with Hotmail Support or Hotmail Help or directly Contact Hotmail through a Phone Number. Or you can fill in the Technician Help Form.